Pediatric Medical Cannabis Evaluations
We offer pediatric medical cannabis evaluations. For more information, please contact us.
Prepare For Your Appointment
Click the link below to confirm your MMJ Recommendation:Confirm My MMJ Recommendation
- Informed Consent Form – please fill this out and bring it to your appointment.
What do we need to bring to the appointment for a recommendation?
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- You will need to bring copies of ALL relevant medical records relevant to the condition being evaluated for a recommendation, including doctors notes or problem lists, lists of current/ past medications tried for the qualifying condition. If no records are available or provided at the evaluation, no recommendation will be granted.
- BOTH parents must be present at the appointment and bring BOTH:
- Valid, CALIFORNIA ID/ Driver’s License
- Copy of a car registration, utility bill, etc proving they are California residents. If you are not a California resident, then we CAN NOT legally grant your child a recommendation.
- If both parents are unable to attend the evaluation and/or are not California legal residents, then NO recommendation can be legally granted. No exceptions.
What conditions qualify for Medical Cannabis Recommendations in California?
The following conditions qualify or a medical recommendation according to the California:
- Chronic Pain
- Persistent muscle spasms, including those associated with multiple sclerosis
- Seizures, including, but not limited to, those associated with epilepsy
- Severe nausea
- Any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that substantially limits the ability of the person to conduct one or more major life activities (as defined by Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) or, if not alleviated, may cause serious harm to the patient’s safety or physical or mental health
What is included in the appointment and how long does the appointment last?
The initial appointment lasts 1 hour at which time a history and physical exam will be taken, medical records reviewed and entered into the chart, and appropriate paperwork completed for the family. Additionally, an educational material packet regarding medical cannabis will be provided and reviewed to help the family begin their journey into the appropriate use of medical cannabinoids. Renewal appointments will last approximately 30 minutes and will be an updating session to make sure that the use of the products are still appropriate and all records and updates are maintained legally. Additionally, all fees include unlimited access/ email via our patient portal for questions and help from the doctor throughout the year.