Anti-Arthritic Pumpkin Soup
Total Time: 55 min
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 35 min.
Pumpkins are an excellent source of beta-cryptoxanthin, a powerful anti-inflammatory. Ginger, is amazing for arthritis relief.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1-inch piece ginger root, grated or minced.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock or bone broth, divided.
- 4 cups pumpkin puree (You can also make this fresh from a freshly baked pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook onions, garlic, and ginger in ½ cup vegetable stock until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, remaining 5½ cups stock, salt, and thyme. Cook 30 minutes.
- Using a handheld blender, puree soup until smooth.
Remove soup from heat and stir in coconut milk . Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.